I am a 3rd year Computer Science undergraduate at HKUST and am currently interning at the HCI Initiative, supervised by Prof. Xiaojuan Ma. I previously interned at the Robotics Institute, supervised by Prof. Kwang-Ting Cheng. I was an exchange student at UW where I interned at the Interactive Data Lab, supervised by Prof. Jeffrey Heer. I also stayed in Stanford for two months for the International Honors Program. Sometimes, I dance.
I am passionate about solving high-level HCI challenges with low-level Human-In-The-Loop Machine Learning and thoughtful design. Currently, my work focuses on synthesizing dynamic AR environments to empower young students with accessible, tangible, and modular learning experiences.
- Learning to Film from Professional Human Motion Videos, CVPR 2019.
- Chong Huang, Chuan-en Lin, Zhenyu Yang, Yan Kong, Peng Chen, Xin Yang, Kwang-Ting Cheng
- Paper | Dataset
- Introduction to Motion Estimation with Optical Flow
- Implement sparse and dense optical flow and learn about recent approaches using deep learning.
🙌 Collaboration with Nanonets
- Article | Code
- Tutorial: Build a lane detector
- Build a pipeline for tracking road lanes with Hough Transform and SCNN.
⭐ Featured by Medium in Machine Learning.
- Article | Code
- Tutorial: Build your own custom real-time object classifier
- Deploy a scraper, label with Mechanical Turk, and train your object detection model with YOLOv3.
⭐ Featured by Medium in Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Article | Code (Scraping) | Code (Labeling) | Code (Training)
- Friendly Floatees
- Predict where your trash flows in the oceans visualized with D3.js.
- Android app for on-demand tutoring (my first startup).
🏆 Top 8 in AngelHack Silicon Valley.
- Demo | Promo Video | Short Pitch Deck | Long Pitch Deck
- Interactive, programmable, augmented reality cube for education.
🏆 Winner of AngelHack Hong Kong Cyberport x Open Source HK Prize.
- Online-to-offline shopping interface for Pacific Place.
- hackUST 2017
- I organized the largest hackathon in Asia with over 800 participants.
- Website | Promo Video 1 | Promo Video 2 | Photos
- Responsive Physics revision site for International Baccalaureate students.
📈 1M+ visits and 15K+ app downloads with 4.8 average rating.
- Website | Android App
- Autonomous Drone Real-Time Object Identification and Tracking
- I gave a 30-min talk in KAIST, Korea for the 5th ASPIRE UGRA.